Saturday, March 26, 2011

*Update* Google Music

Google's attempt of a cloud-based digital locker service for music seems to have been delayed due to Google's demand for cloud music rights for songs purchased through their service.

However, it looks as though Google isn't the only one interested in this type of music service. According to Cnet, Amazon is having discussions with content owners for rights to movies and music ; while other reports state that Apple is trying also having similar discussions.

Let me know what you guys think of this. Would you like to have all your music out in the cloud?  Or would you rather have it actually in your possession?

I  have no interest in cloud-based storage for anything other than storing documents and (maybe when we catch up to everyone else in internet speed) for backups. I like having everything here with me, without having to rely/trust in any company to let me have access to my data.

More info at: Cnet

6 comments:

  1. wow, thanks for the info. didn't know google was into music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, i'd rather have it with me than cloud-based storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreeing with the other two. I'd rather have it in my hands then in some cloud storage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd much rather have possession of it. If something goes wrong with this Cloud, maybe you lose everything, or you can't access it for some reason, whereas I can make my own back ups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm,this sounds like another iTunes kind of thing. Which would be nice,but I do agree with the theory of the cloud going down and losing everything...t'would suck. I still buy CDs,go figure. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be so goddamn cool!
    Oh wait, we already have that. It's called youtube & grooveshark...

    ReplyDelete